Skip to main content

Uni Course Updates (UNIMAS INTERNATIONAL STUDIES) & Online Learning Experience!

Hello everyone! Chester is back with his writing! It has been a long time since I update my blog. So I would like to make an updates on what was going on for the past few months 😅

So after I finished my STPM, I was accepted into UNIMAS and I took International Studies. It has been my passion to study for this course since I was in form 6 and I am lucky to be accepted for this course. FYI, UNIMAS International Studies or also known as International Relation was my first choice in UPU. I am BEYOND GRATEFUL to be where I am now. Eh btw, if you guys are looking for STPM tips, I had posted on here in my blog! Go and find it 👀😋. Everything was based on my personal experience and I hope it can help a bit!

It was rarely can be found about the course that I took, but basically for this first semester, the course itself focuses on the broad topics of social sciences. I just finished the first semester of year 1 and what I learned was Introduction to Anthropology & Sociology, Communication and society, Statistics for Social Sciences (A NIGHTMARE FOR ME!! but I can say that I managed to do well), Gender, Ethnicity & Class, Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (which I unable to translate to English) and National Heritage.

I enjoyed studying social science. Looking back on the past, when I was visualizing and imagining to be where I am today, I am BEYOND GRATEFUL. After a year and a half, here I am, the place where I want to be (although studying at home) and the course I want to study. I met lots of people in Uni but John@Hilman, Samuel and Annabelle are one of the good people and I can say I am close with. These people are damn good to work with and I enjoyed their companion in doing the assignments together.

I'm still the same old me, keeping the circle small and stick with people who had the same vision, determination, hunger and positivity in studies. That's the circle I want to keep. However, studying online drained my energy due to non-stop communication from the morning until the night. Now, I am having my semester break so I can spend time with myself, reflecting, meditating, adapting to improve academically and in life.

I wanted to let you guys know that isolation is a good thing. I enjoyed it because I can remind, reflect and enhance my focus when I am with myself. Stress and anxiety is a part of life. It also occurs in sports and working. However, I embrace all of this as it is also part of my journey in the world. Stress is a sign of awareness, you need to do this & you need to do that, the deadline is near and you don't want to screw up. That's how I interpret stress within myself. When you don't want to screw up, the anxiety came in. You knew if you screwed up , something bad will happen.

However, let me remind you (and myself) if you still have time to practice, to study or to finish your assignments, utilize it. Don't WASTE EVEN A MINUTE. The funny things about "some human" is, they just don't care when they have sooooooooo much time, then at the very last minute they whining and they start to blame this and that for the decision to procrastinate that they had made at the first place. That's a bitch move. Manage and appreciate each minutes that you have and yes, we have different things to do, we aren't all the same but LEARN, LEARN HOW TO MANAGE YOUR OWN TIME, LEARN HOW TO UTILIZE IT AND USE IT AS GOOD AS YOU CAN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STPM TIPS!

I was one of the STPM 2018-2019 students. In 2018, I posted for the first and the last time. So here's an update about my life and I wanna reach out to all my STPM peeps in Malaysia. So let me summarize what had happened during my STPM years. First Sem was good, scored 2A's and 2B's Second Sem was extraordinary, achieved 4.00 CGPA Third Sem it was all okay 3A's and 1D+. But luckily I managed to get 4A's for the first semester because I repeat the 2B's subjects. I suggest students repeat bcs its a chance to improve! The overall result, wasn't like how I expected it to be but I'm grateful for 3.83 CGPA bcs it wasn't easy yea. So here's what I wanna share. My tips and on my mistakes. I wish this could help you if you are a sixth form student. Source : Google Image 1) Time management This is very crucial. if you can manage your time for course works, studies and kokum you will be able to learn effectively.

Passing through the Dark Days.

I've been brainstorming for quite a long time about what should I write on my blog. Politics, Life, Experience, Motivation and many more. Yet I wasn't able to pick which topics I would spend my time writing. Today, I saw a video in my Youtube recommendation with the title "An old man advice" & "A old man advice". He talked about how he goes through his tough times, how he appreciates young people and many more about his life experiences.  Below is the link to the videos : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fvETktnaRw  (An Old Man Advice 2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhckVlgYZJE  (A Old Man Advice 2015) After hearing his life experience I would say that it made me realised that, we the young people are actually the assets of our country and also the world. In the future, we are the one who will decide either we can reach that better future that we hope for. Sadly, we always looked at our tough times as somethin